When it comes to protecting a surface from damage, corrosion, staining, and weather elements, polymer sealants can do an excellent job. Made from specific polymers, these sealants are durable, elastic, and long-lasting.
As one of the leading manufacturers of construction and industry-related adhesives, E-Chem offers a variety of polymer sealers for your projects. If you are looking for a polymer caulking solution in Albuquerque, NM, please contact us today.
Let’s take a closer look at what polymer sealers are all about.
What Is a Polymer Sealant?
A polymer sealant is an adhesive with multiple applications in the construction industry. This versatile product offers excellent bonding and sealing properties.
Polymer sealers are composed of polymers, which are large molecules created by joining smaller chemical units. These synthetic polymers can be customized to have specific properties, such as flexibility, durability, and resistance to environmental conditions.
One of the key characteristics of a polymer sealer is its ability to create a strong bond between different surfaces. It forms a tight seal that prevents moisture, air, and other contaminants from seeping through. This makes it ideal for sealing joints, gaps, and cracks.
Polymer sealers are also highly flexible. They can withstand movement and expansion of the materials they are applied to without losing their properties. These sealants also demonstrate great resistance to water, chemicals, and UV radiation.
Where And How To Use Polymer Sealant?
The impressive characteristics of polymer sealants allow them to have numerous applications, including:
- Crack and joint repair – whether it’s a small crack in a sidewalk or a larger joint in a parking lot, polymer sealant can be applied to fill the gaps and prevent further damage.
- Concrete surface protection – polymer sealant can be used as a protective coating to prevent damage from chemicals, UV rays, and harsh weather conditions. Additionally, it can enhance the aesthetics of the surface by providing a smooth and glossy finish.
- Sealing expansion joints – applying polymer sealant to expansion joints ensures a tight seal, prevents water infiltration, and helps maintain the structural integrity of the concrete.
- Concrete repair – polymer sealant can be used to fill and patch holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections. The sealer easily restores the strength and durability of the concrete.
- Waterproofing – a polymer sealer can be applied to concrete in basements, foundations, and other areas susceptible to water intrusion. It creates a barrier that prevents water from seeping through.
Besides the construction industry, polymer sealants can be useful in the automotive industry for protecting vehicle paint.
Benefits of a Polymer Sealant
The protective characteristics of the polymer sealant make it applicable in a variety of situations. Here are just a few things it does:
- Provides a protective barrier against moisture, UV rays, and environmental contaminants
- Enhances the appearance of surfaces by adding a glossy or satin finish
- Improves durability and resistance to scratches, stains, and fading
- Reduces the need for frequent cleaning and maintenance
- Helps prevent oxidation and corrosion on metal surfaces
- Increases the lifespan of treated materials
- Offers easy application and quick drying time
- It can be used on various surfaces such as concrete, paint, plastic, glass, and metal
- Provides a smooth and slick surface, making it easier to clean
A polymer sealant provides long-lasting protection for each surface. It can be months or years until you would need to reapply it.
Choose E-Chem’s Polymer Sealants for Your Sealing Needs
If you are working on a construction project, you need to take advantage of a high-quality polymer sealant. E-Chem manufactures polymer sealants that offer effective protective properties and last for years.
Contact us to explore top-notch polymer sealant options for your project in Albuquerque, NM, today.
Image Credit: Nor Gal / Shutterstock